Saturday, February 2, 2013

A whole new outfit for a little vase...


Here’s a little craft for you




I’ve had this little, mini bottle collection in my kitchen for years. I love these little bottles. And let’s be real, I pretty much love anything small. Well, it was time for some change.

Supplies needed:
  • Glass bottles, jars, or vases (you could use baby food jars, mason jars, or even an old vase that you don’t use) 
  • Acrylic paint (We found that the cheaper paints spread more easily. Martha Stewart’s paint was thick and hard to move around the tiny bottles. It might be better for big bottles).
  • Paper towels—I’m messy.


The SUPER EASY process:
  1. Pour the paint into the clean bottle
  2. Shake and turn the bottle to spread the paint on the inside of the bottle until all sides are covered.
  3. DONE! Allow to dry.



My new display. 

We chose the milky/ pastel colors to try to make it look more like milk glass. I think I  might try a nice, big mason jar next.  I would paint the little pup's food dishes if I could... 

-Nicola and the little pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment