Wednesday, September 4, 2013

We made it!

We finally made it to North Carolina...

Moving Day:
I was nervous about our move for a number of reasons. The biggest one being getting to dog there in one piece. Shockingly, that was a breeze.  We had to wake up at 4am to get to LAX in time for an 8am flight. I was flying alone with the dog and I had bags that I could probably sleep in (they were so big). We made it to the airport with plenty of time. I spent a good 40 minutes trying to get the pup to poop outside. Here is some advice... don't try to talk your dog into pooping at 5am. Security will laugh at you & it won't work.  Given that I tried my best to talk Miles into pooping and failed, I was nervous that a poop explosion was going to happen on my lap as I sat comfortably in first class. Or worse, in my neighbors lap. I was proud that he waited until his new back yard to make that happen. 







Miles was Mr. Popular in the airport.He acted like he was a frequent flyer. Checking in was easy. Security was easy. The flight was easy. Miles just slept on my lap or looked out the window the whole time. 

Andrew picked us up in our new car and drove us to our new house... it was a pretty fancy day if you ask me. 



Don't mind my post-flight looks.
We have spent the past few days figuring out our house, trying to drive around this city, surviving humidity, and scratching our bug bites. :) My parents are here and ready to help us unpack and upgrade this place. 

Well, we're off to bed. House pictures to come! 

-Nicola & Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment