Monday, November 3, 2014

The littlest spools...


I had these wooden spools just hanging around in my house. I think I got them at an antique store and figured I could do something cute with them. Well, it happened. 


I made little animals and shapes out of air dry clay. It was pretty easy to use. Once they were dry (mine sat here for over a month- whoops), you can paint them with acrylic paint.

I made this one look kinda like our little yellow house and our little pup. 

The rest were random.

Once the paint is dry, hot glue them on top of your spools. and wrap the spools with twine, string, or yarn to make them look complete. 


I feel like these would be cute to make for the holidays... Valentines Day, Easter, Christmas, Hanukkah, Eid...anything with a symbol that you could make out of clay. 


-Nicola & the little pup


1 comment: